MinnSPRA helps connect qualified candidates with professional opportunities in school public relations by posting positions here. If you have a position to post, please email it to Ann Kvaal.
Director of Communications – West St. Paul-Mendota Heights-Eagan Area Schools (ISD197)
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for researching, planning, directing and executing a strategic communications and marketing plan that supports the goals and mission of the School District and enhances the school district’s image in the community. It provides expert advice and training to the School Board, administrators and other staff and assists program leaders in communication efforts to address educational issues and decisions with their stakeholders using innovative strategies and sources.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Plans, coordinates and evaluates the effectiveness of all district communications including web, video, print, speakers and community events.
- Provides leadership to principals and staff in all areas of communications.
- Serves as the District liaison to the community by serving as the District’s chief spokesperson with the media and community organizations.
- Researches, plans, directs and executes strategic communications and marketing plan and programs that support School District goals and mission and enhance the school district’s image in the community.
- Provides expert advice, and training to the School Board, administrators and other staff.
- Assists program leaders in communication efforts to address educational issues and decisions with their stake holders using innovative strategies and sources.
- Distributes news and information, writes and edits press releases, and maintains contacts and positive working relationships with the media and community organizations.
- Assists the Superintendent in developing and implementing major information campaigns for district initiatives, elections or events.
- Identifies opportunities for positive media coverage and develops publications, video, social media, web or communications to reach key audiences.
- Anticipates emerging issues and concerns and develops appropriate communications regarding those issues.
- Establishing, implementing, and maintaining the district’s branding.
- Supervises and directs the work of the Communications Specialist position.
- Coordinates District surveys and annual collection of community feedback.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- BA in mass communications, marketing, journalism or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a public relations, communications or related area; experience in public education preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Skilled in use of technologies as they apply to communications and public relations, including graphic design, desktop publishing, hardware and software applications, social media platforms, video production, web design, and printing/duplicating techniques. Specific computer skills including Word, PhotoShop and InDesign required.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with students, staff, parents, and community.
- Successful track record as an innovator and change agent.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience leading the planning, execution and measurement of integrated communications, marketing and public relations efforts.
- Successful track record developing the communications strategy and messaging for tax levy campaigns preferred.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience working in a professional capacity taking digital photographs.
- Experience working with diverse communities to foster a common vision for children and youth.
For more information and to apply online, click here.
Administrative Support V, Communications & Equity – Intermediate District 287
Intermediate District 287 is seeking a qualified candidate for an Administrative Support V position for our Communications & Equity Departments at the District Service Center, located in Plymouth, MN.
This position is responsible for supporting the initiatives of the Equity and Communications Departments. This position’s work focuses on:
- Provide administrative support such as managing schedules, meetings/events, and budgets, planning and logistics for training
- Assist with communications supports, such as promotional materials, social media, internal newsletters, and website
- Provide administrative support for the district’s strategic plan
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires three (3) years experience above the routine clerk level in administrative and office support work. Requires technical skills and experience in working an assigned business division or school site or any combination or education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
College or Vocational Education, in business office skills may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of an equivalent number of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of two (2) years.
To apply online, click here (once on job website, view the attached Summery Sheet for a listing of duties most applicable to this posting).
Director of Communications and Community Relations – District 112
Screening of applications to begin on January 21, 2019
Job Summary: The Director of Communications and Community Relations provides leadership and direction for all district-wide external and internal communication. The Director ensures excellence in all publications; internal and external communications; public relations; customer service and marketing efforts. The Director provides leadership and guidance and support to the Board of Education, superintendent, and district staff in the development of key communications that promote, highlight and raise awareness about the district and building activities, events and department initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, marketing, education or related field/ Master’s degree preferred
- Five years job-related experience in public relations or marketing
- Experience in public education preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: See attachment
Benefits of Employment as of July 1, 2018: This position is posted as a full time (8 hrs/day, 12 month) position. Eligible for benefits as negotiated with the Directors and District 112. The position is not eligible for overtime or comp time.
Background check will be conducted.
If you are changing positions or the number of hours you work, you benefits may change. Please make sure to check the eligibility as listed in the above agreement.
If recommended for employment, applicant will provide proof of legal right to work in the United States if required.
Application Procedure: Please apply online at: http://www.district112.org (only online applications will be accepted)
For specific information contact Jim O’Connell at OConnellJ@district112.org.