MinnSPRA helps connect qualified candidates with professional opportunities in school public relations by posting positions here. If you have a position to post, please email it to Ann Kvaal.
Communications Specialist – Edina Public Schools
The Communications Specialist supports the work of the Director and the Communications Department in advancing the District’s Strategic Plan, especially as it relates to communications goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing for a variety of audiences (students, families, employees, community, media) via numerous communications channels including: website, print and e-newsletters, social media, news releases, special publications and marketing materials
- Create and manage photos and videos of students, staff and district activities for variety of communications materials
- Manage, monitor and update district-based websites
- Provide communications support and counsel for schools and departments districtwide
- Assist management of social media channels
- Manage, monitor and update district-based web
- Assist with planning and preparation for special events
- Assist with media relations
- Provide administrative support for Superintendent, as needed
- BA degree with major course work in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, or related field
- Related experience may be substituted for education. Experience in school public relations and communications preferred
- Proficiency in common communications technology: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, digital photography, video production, social networking tools.
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to be consistently accurate
- Strong writing and photography/video skills
- Ability to prioritize work and manage projects
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with varied audiences (e.g. parents, community members, elected officials, employees)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to follow district and school policies and procedures
For more information or to apply for this position, click here.
Communications Specialist – External Communications – South Washington County Public School
Under the direction of the Director of Communications and Director of Community Education, the Communications Specialist will build positive relationships with staff, students and community members with a focus on creating communications and marketing plans, organizing and creating catalogs and publications, documenting community events and project management. This position will support SoWashCo Community Education and South Washington County Schools through catalog production, publications, photography and graphic design. Other duties may include, but are not limited to, writing for electronic, print and verbal communications, managing newsletters, project plans, social media posts and websites. The ideal candidate can take complex concepts, data and information and turn it into an engaging visual, whether it’s a post on social media, a printed guide or a flyer for an event. Successful candidates should be flexible, extremely organized and can take initiative to reach a variety of target audiences. One day, you might take photos at a school and the next you may be writing and gathering content for district publications. For more information or to apply for this position,, click here.
Owatonna Public Schools Communications Specialist
his half-time communications specialist will develop, implement and regularly evaluate the District’s internal and external communications strategies, marketing and public relations efforts, ensuring that communication is cohesive, consistent and effective in supporting the District’s mission. This person maintains two-way communication with stakeholders using a wide range of communication tools in order to promote a positive District reputation and image, and advises the Superintendent, School Board and District administrators on matters affecting community relations. The ideal candidate will be a team player who provides both strategic and tactical communications expertise and is comfortable in a rapidly changing environment. Weekly schedules may vary and be flexible depending on both the needs of the district and of the communications specialist.
Read the full description and apply here.
Marketing and Communication Coordinator – Eden Prairie Schools
- Position Type: Administration/Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- Date Posted: 9/16/2021
- Location: Administrative Services Center
- Date Available: ASAP Upon Hire
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We are currently seeking exceptional Marketing and Communications Specialist for a leadership position in our Communications Department.
The strongest candidate will
Inspire each student to learn continuously
Demonstrate intrinsic value
Have individual gifts and talents
Contribute to the benefit of the community
Build relationships on mutual trust and respect
Desire to learn and grow through personalized learning
Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field
A minimum of five years related work experience in marketing, communications or public relations.
Demonstrated ability to develop and implement communications and marketing plans.
Demonstrated writing and editorial skills.
Ability to think and plan strategically and creatively.
Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish cooperative and collaborative working relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
Ability to multi-task and manage multiple initiatives using independent judgment and producing quality work within tight time constraints.
Graphic design experience preferred, including Adobe Creative Suite, but not required
School communications or marketing experience preferred, but not required.
We offer a highly competitive rewards package that includes:
* Salary $77,880/year
* 20 paid vacation days/year
* Up to paid 14 sick days and 1 paid personal day of leave given yearly
*11 paid holidays
Application Process: Click here for more information or to start your application and upload your resume.
Minnetonka Community Education Marketing Specialist
This is a hands-on role that requires planning, production, promotion, graphic design, and strategic marketing research and evaluation. As a department within the Minnetonka Public Schools, Minnetonka Community Education (MCE) provides lifelong learning, recreational and community programs for patrons of all ages. MCE has four primary divisions: Early Childhood/Preschool, Youth Enrichment and Recreation, Adult Enrichment and Recreation, and Events. MCE coordinates three signature events that cross all programs: Tour de Tonka, Youth Triathlon, and Firecracker Run. The MCE Marketing Specialist, in consultation with the MCE Leadership team, is the primary “client services specialist” for MCE programs and is the liaison to the rest of the District Communications team. For more information regarding this position or to apply, click here.