MinnSPRA helps connect qualified candidates with professional opportunities in school public relations by posting positions here. If you have a position to post, please email it to Ann Kvaal.
Multimedia Communications Specialist – Design, Video, and Graphics – North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale
Submission of additional materials: In addition to completing the online application, all applicants should submit a portfolio of work that consists of at least two video and graphic design examples to: email@example.com with the subject: Multimedia Applicant Materials.
Summary: The multimedia communications specialist will utilize a variety of tools and platforms to share information and stories with district students, parents, community members, and employees. Using an equity lens, they will support district marketing strategies and initiatives with high-quality print, social media, video, and website content.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create, design, and develop content for print and digital platforms, including, but not limited to, newsletters, social media, and websites.
- Produce high-end video content for social media and district websites; primarily short (1-3 minute) videos to give the community information and insights into the district’s schools, programs, and departments.
- Work closely with other members of the communications team to develop, support, and execute timely, thorough, and clear strategic communications plans.
- Proactively seek opportunities for social media coverage and create daily posts on the district’s social media sites.
- Operates live-streaming platform for school board meetings monthly and special meetings as scheduled.
- Provides crisis communications support as needed, utilizes mass notification system, and alerts.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Communications.
- 2-4 years professional experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, graphic design, video/visual communications, journalism, public relations, or related field.
- Creative thinker with an ability to identify and publicize interesting and meaningful stories.
- Prior experience managing and developing content in a large, multiple-site, multiple-user environment.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with a variety of video and camera equipment
- Experience with web-based mediums, including live-streaming, video, podcasts, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a service-oriented focus.
- Experience monitoring media platforms, including social media, and collaborate with local press to pitch stories.
- Understanding of security and student data/information issues.
- The ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience in a K-12 education or similar setting
ISD 622 Universal Competencies:
- Accountability — Accept personal and shared accountability for the results of our work with learners
- Integrity — Demonstrate the core values of openness, honesty and integrity in every interaction
- Excellence — Seek excellence and attain high levels of
achievement in every endeavor
- Achievement — Focus on the results of action (learning) and
not the action itself (teaching)
- Courage — Do what needs to be done because it is the right thing to do
- Teamwork — Willing to collaborate
- Respect — Respect every individual and provide high levels of service for internal and external customers
Multimedia Communications Specialist – Bloomington Public Schools
- Position Type: Community Relations
- Date Posted: 4/27/2021
- Location: Educational Services Center
- Date Available: June 1, 2021
- Closing Date: Until Filled
Multimedia Communications Specialist – Temporary
Hours: 20 – 30 hours per week, temporary position for 1 year
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years professional experience in a similar role required
- Experience working in a public, non-profit or school district environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in communications, journalism, public relations, advertising, marketing, video/visual communications or related field
- 3-5 years experience in digital production and/or storytelling
- Strong writing skills and storytelling instincts
- Advanced skills in storytelling and video production
- Understanding of video and editing techniques and trends
- Experience with a variety of video equipment and video editing software
- Proficient in photography skills and techniques
- Experience creating content for digital and social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships with a diverse group of individuals (internal and external stakeholders)
- Demonstrated ability to take direction, collaborate with team members and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to organize and establish priorities independently in an environment with multiple demands
Provide support to the Community Relations Office in storytelling and developing video content for the purpose of increasing parent and community engagement and supporting enrollment marketing activities.
- Create compelling photography and video content designed to effectively promote the district brand, and promote enrollment.
- Create visual content and graphics to support district marketing and communications objectives.
- Contribute to and maintain the CR photo library for district and school websites.
- Capture photos for use in publications, marketing materials and social media.
- Conceptualize and seek out compelling video storytelling content.
- Serve as in-house producer to bring the creative vision for a video project to life from pre-production to final product.
- Collaborate with and support marketing and communication teams with video content strategy, planning, and detailed production plans – from pitch to final delivery
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and their portfolio and/or two video examples. Portfolio and examples may be linked in your resume or letter, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Applicant materials.
Click here for complete information and to apply.