MinnSPRA helps connect qualified candidates with professional opportunities in school public relations by posting positions here. If you have a position to post, please email it to Ann Kvaal.
Communications Coordinator – Columbia Heights Public School
Columbia Heights Public Schools is seeking a Communications Coordinator to work at the district offices, supporting district-wide needs. The Communications Coordinator has a strong focus on graphic design (Adobe illustrator and InDesign) and creating content in various formats. They also support development, coordination and implementation of the District’s comprehensive communication plan. The individual in this position works collaboratively with the Director of Communications/Community Education and many other District administrators.
For complete job description, click here.
Communications Manager – Red Wing Public Schools
Develop, implement and lead the communications strategy of the Red Wing School District to advance its mission and vision where student success is foremost. Effectively communicate and promote the district’s operations and achievements to the community, district employees and stakeholders. The Communications Manager must effectively use written materials and technology to communicate with all constituents as well collaborate and foster internal and external relationships.
For complete job description, click here.
Minneapolis Public Schools
Fabulous MarComm candidates needed!
Working at Minneapolis Public Schools puts you at the core of the evolution of today’s world. Learning is Job #1 for students and staff alike as we navigate new ways to work, honor one another’s life experiences, and protect each other’s health and safety.
Within MPS, our team in Communications and Marketing is at the forefront of the change. Strategically sharing offices and collaborating closely with MPS Community Engagement, we provide messaging and media relations support, creative technical expertise, translations, and social and digital development that is on brand and fluid in responding to and anticipating the information needs of MPS families, schools and staff.
Communications and Marketing anticipates adding team members in the coming weeks and months. The right candidates must share our commitment to public education, racial justice, and professional innovation and creativity.
Communications Specialist – Eden Prairie Schools
Eden Prairie Schools is seeking a Communications Specialist to to be an effective member of the Communications Team and assist in implementing the district’s overall communication plan. Eden Prairie is a diverse school with over 1,400 employees serving approximately 9,100 students. The district is recognized for its quality initiatives and its leadership in educational programming.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in media design, digital media, communications, marketing, broadcast journalism or a related field.
- Five years of related professional experience.
- Proven experience conceiving and executing projects relating to video production and social media.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of communication planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong ability to adapt to new digital platforms.
- Communicates with students, parents, coworkers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and ?responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective working relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions:
- video production including filming, interviewing, editing, graphics and other post-production;
- organizing and managing a video library;
- writing for a variety of purposes;
- social media content development;
- project management.
- Technology skills including video editing software, Microsoft Office and Google suites, and, preferred, familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
For more information or to apply, click here.
Communications Internship – Edina Public Schools
Edina Public Schools’ District Communications Department seeks a communications intern to handle a variety of communications tasks. This hands-on internship requires some previous experience in communications.
Purpose of Position:
This internship will have a focus on website development, along with work on other communications and marketing projects. The Communications Intern will assist District Communications staff and will work with a variety of communications platforms.
Hours: Minimum 20-25 hours per week (potential for up to 30 hours per week)
Dates: June 2021 – Jan. 31, 2022
Salary: $15.00 per hour
The Communications Intern will be nearing completion (or a recent graduate) of a college or university communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or related degree. The individual must demonstrate the ability to undertake basic writing assignments, possess an understanding of public relations and marketing skills, and interact professionally with all stakeholders.
To apply for this position, please click here.