Welcome to the Minnesota School Public Relations Association (MinnSPRA) and a connection to more than 160 public relations professionals. We are committed to serving as a professional network and resource for our members and others interested in providing the highest level of communications support to help school districts achieve their goals. In 2012, MinnSPRA was recognized as an Exemplary Chapter by the National School Public Relations Association.
Our members are school district communication directors, superintendents, community education professionals, school board members, superintendent secretaries and more. We work together in many ways, including:
- Giving support to each other on any number of public relations topics through our directory and knowledge network of members;
- Furthering professional development through conferences, workshops and teleseminars;
- Keeping members up to date on hot issues through electronic communication;
- Honoring exceptional work in public relations through a statewide awards program;
- Having fun and meeting new people though MinnSPRA social events;
- Opportunities to get involved at just about any level – from one-time volunteer tasks to monthly Board involvement.
MinnSPRA advocates for public education through public relations leadership.
MinnSPRA honors public relations leadership through an annual awards program.
2023-24 Board Members
Dirk Tedmon, President
Eden Prairie Schools
Shawn Hogendorf, President-Elect
Toya Stewart Downey, Past President
Robbinsdale Area Schools
Renae Reedy, Secretary
Forest Lake Area Schools
Celi Haga, Treasurer
Eastern Carver County Schools
Jenna Mead, Membership
Liz Anderson, Director
Donnie Belcher, Director
Minneapolis Public Schools
Ryan Mayers, Director
Austin Public Schools
Tia Quirk, Director
White Bear Lake Area Public Schools
Ashley Sukhu, Director
Saint Louis Park Schools
Katie Pekel, President’s Appointee
University of Minnesota
The 2022-23 MinnSPRA board recently completed work on a new strategic plan.
For more information about MinnSPRA call (651) 489-1321 or email email@example.com.