Welcome to the Minnesota School Public Relations Association (MinnSPRA) and a connection to more than 160 public relations professionals. We are committed to serving as a professional network and resource for our members and others interested in providing the highest level of communications support to help school districts achieve their goals. In 2012, MinnSPRA was recognized as an Exemplary Chapter by the National School Public Relations Association.
Our members are school district communication directors, superintendents, community education professionals, school board members, superintendent secretaries and more. We work together in many ways, including:
- Giving support to each other on any number of public relations topics through our directory and knowledge network of members;
- Furthering professional development through conferences, workshops and teleseminars;
- Keeping members up to date on hot issues through electronic communication;
- Honoring exceptional work in public relations through a statewide awards program;
- Having fun and meeting new people though MinnSPRA social events;
- Opportunities to get involved at just about any level – from one-time volunteer tasks to monthly Board involvement.
MinnSPRA advocates for public education through public relations leadership.
MinnSPRA honors public relations leadership through an annual awards program.
The MinnSPRA board will provide services/opportunities to members in the following areas in 2020-2021. Board leadership points are identified in parentheses; please contact the relevant board member if you have a suggestion or question about that area of work.
- Ongoing growth and leadership development (Tami Deland)
- In-person networking (Mike Schoemer)
- Online learning and networking (Mike Schoemer)
- Conferences (Toya Stewart Downey, Mike Schoemer and Tami Deland)
- One-day specialty workshops (Coley Fehringer)
- Website tools and resources (Ann Kvaal)
For more information about MinnSPRA call (651) 489-1321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.