MinnSPRA helps connect qualified candidates with professional opportunities in school public relations by posting positions here. If you have a position to post, please email it to Ann Kvaal.
Video / Communications Specialist Tier III –
South Washington County Schools
Under the direction of the Director of Communications, the Communications Specialist (with an emphasis in video production) is responsible for supporting the coordination of school communications and public relations activities that create and maintain a favorable public image for South Washington County Schools. Primary responsibilities include: video production, writing, electronic and print communications, project management, and leadership support for assigned community relations programs and activities. Creates and maintains a favorable public image for the District.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate video production efforts; ensure output to broadcast television, web stream and social media.
- Write for a variety of audiences and purposes including a community newsletter, staff newsletter, district website, marketing materials, news releases and other print and electronic communications.
- Edit and proofread print materials for accuracy, consistency, clarity and style.
- Plan or assist in the development of school communication efforts, including e-news and print materials.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of public relations initiatives.
- Assist with coordination and updates to district-level website and intranet content.
- Photograph/record district events and activities for use in marketing materials.
- Support special programs, initiatives and events as required of the Communications Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, broadcast journalism or a related field, plus two years of related professional experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of communication planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Proficient in the use of current technology required for the performance of duties, including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Leightronix and/or Granicus, and social media.
- Proven experience in design relating to video, print and electronic communications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Communicates with students, parents, coworkers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective working relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
- Previous communication experience working with public schools and/or knowledge of the South Washington County Schools community.
- Working knowledge of digital photography.
- Working knowledge of video production for broadcast on cable television and through web streaming.
To find or more information or to apply for this position, please go to South Washington County Schools.
Director of Marketing/Community Relations – Oak Hill Montessori School
Oak Hill Montessori School in Shoreview seeks a Director of Marketing/Community Relations who will be responsible for creating and implementing the school’s full range of marketing and communications efforts critical to generating new enrollment, maximizing retention and ensuring strong community recognition for the school. Key responsibilities will include: development and implementation of proactive communications plans in support of the school’s overall mission, goals and strategy; continue effective brand positioning and execution strategies; implementation of internal communication programs designed to increase engagement and awareness within the Oak Hill community; work collaboratively with other members of the Oak Hill administration; design and produce all publications, collaterals and all other materials circulated internally or externally by the school; oversee the school’s online presence. Candidate will have excellent speaking, writing and presentation skills.
Skills required: Bachelor’s degree, 3 – 5 years marketing and communications experience, demonstrated experience preferably in the independent school arena, knowledge of Montessori is a plus, excellent communication and writing skills, experience in the design of web-based communications. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, all Social Media platforms, and online content management systems. Photography skills recommended. Writing samples required.
Please submit letter of interest along with resume and writing samples to: email@example.com