MinnSPRA helps connect qualified candidates with professional opportunities in school public relations by posting positions here. If you have a position to post, please email it to Ann Kvaal.
Communications, Marketing and Enrichment Coordinator – Monticello Public Schools
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director of Community Education and Assistant Superintendent, the Communications, Marketing and Enrichment Coordinator assists with the developing, planning and evaluating of all enrichment programs. Communications, Marketing and Enrichment Coordinator is also responsible for developing a marketing and communications plan, managing and developing websites, social media, press releases and print materials for the Community Education Department, District Office and School Board.
65 % Communications and Marketing
- Create, provide leadership and implement a strategic marketing and communications plan.
- Assist with the development, implementation and data analysis of customer feedback for program improvement.
- Prepare and disseminate high quality printed and electronic marketing publications for CE programs, District Office and School Board.
- Assist in ongoing development of new technologies to support electronic communications.
- Manage and perform regular updates of Community Education web pages and sites to ensure a high quality customer experience, along with the District’s main landing web page.
- Proofread all marketing and communication materials to insure accuracy, consistency and content.
- Work closely with CE department staff and district staff to gather information for printed and electronic marketing, communications and publications.
- Utilize a variety of marketing resources to promote and advertise CE programs and District Office.
- Prepare and disseminate District calendar and District newsletter.
- Prepare and market District bond or referendum campaigns.
- Serve as the point of first contact for the media.
25% Community Education Program Management and Evaluation:
- Collaborate with a variety of community organizations to avoid duplication and coordination of services and programs.
- Evaluate class/program effectiveness and participant satisfaction. Provides program and participant data to the Community Education Director and advisory council.
- Recruits, monitors and evaluates community education instructors.
- Coordinate, plan, develop and implement a variety adult and youth enrichment programming.
- Ensure use of best practices in enrichment programming.
- Recommend program changes, goals and objectives.
- Provide assistance to all stakeholders concerning enrichment programs.
- Assist with the establishment, administration, and evaluation of annual program budgets.
- Works to find additional funding sources and maintains records as needed.
- Manages supplies, materials and equipment for the program and purchases as needed.
- Research program costs and recommends CE course fees.
5% Professional Development
- Attend meetings, in-services and workshops as needed.
- Maintain active memberships in professional organizations.
Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
WORK REQUIREMENTS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or related field.
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience of related profession experience in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing required.
- Minimum 1-3 years in community education program preferred.
- Bi-Lingual is preferred.
Essential Skills Required to Perform the Work:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Knowledge of best practices in enrichment programming
- Knowledge of best practices in marketing and communications
- Skilled in problem analysis, data collection and problem solving
- Ability to make decisions and act within the district and program policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ability to plan and implement promotional programs
- Proficient in creating and maintaining budgets
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to make formal presentations and effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, teachers, other district employees, students, and the general public
- Ability to organize, direct and administer programs and personnel
- Excellent computer skills
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices, and Software Required:
- Operate office equipment including computer, printer, copy machine, fax machine and other electronic or technological equipment required for the specific position.
- Proficient in various software applications including word processing, spreadsheet, email, Photoshop, Quark, InDesign, Adobe, Facebook, social media sites, email marketing software and presentation applications
- Proficient in phone system.
Supervision of Other Employees:
- Position requires supervision of some Community Education instructors and staff.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Position involves listening, speaking clearly and visual acuity.
- Position involves occasional bending and stooping.
- Position involves occasional stairs.
- Position involves frequent repetitive action on keyboard.
- Position involves occasional lifting and moving up to 20 pounds.
- Position requires regular periods of sitting at computer.
Mental Job Requirements:
- Position involves setting priorities and meeting frequent deadlines
- Position involves responding to multiple and sometimes simultaneous requests for assistance
- Position involves working with students and parents in a positive manner
- Position involves need for accuracy and detailed work on a regular basis
- Position involves handling multiple tasks while dealing with frequent interruptions
- Position requires exercising confidentiality in handling School District information.
- Position requires planning for upcoming scheduled events and deadlines in a timely manner.
- Normal office conditions.
- Requires travel to various buildings/sites.
- Work hours in the evenings and on weekends.
- Projects a positive, cooperative and respectful attitude with students, parents, administration, employees and community members.
- Maintains a positive, professional and safe educational environment at all times.
- Educates students or program participants to assist them in reaching their full potential academically, emotionally, physically and socially.
This description describes the general nature and work expected of an individual assigned to this position. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Application window closes on 10/25. Interested applications can apply at www.monticello.k12.mn.us/Human Resources or for more information contact Joe Dockendorf, Assistant Superintendent of HR at 763-272-2020 or Susan K. Heidt Bacon at 763-272-2010.
Digital Media Strategist – Captivate Media + Consulting
Captivate Media + Consulting is seeking a digital communications strategist. This is a new position that will help craft messages, strategies and tactics to guide our clients and our company toward specific goals.
The ideal candidate for this position:
• Has experience in education, non-profit or corporate marketing/communications
• Is eager to learn
• Is passionate about K-12 education
Much of our work is with schools and corporate clients within the K-12 education field. Our projects have purpose and passion behind them. We are a small, but growing company that started in January 2014 under the name “Capture Video”. In February 2017 we launched our new brand to more accurately reflect the breadth of work we do.
• Manage, strategize, monitor, maintain and assist in creating content for digital marketing strategies, including social media campaigns
• Conduct research to better understand the needs and market of the client
• Lead and guide new client onboarding
• Craft proposals, coordinate tasks, project plans and timelines with internal and external teams
• Build strong relationships while serving as liaison between company and client
• Deliver projects on time and ensure quality standards are met
• Exceed client expectations while adding value and solving real business problems
• Create, analyze and advise clients based on data and analytics
• Coordinate meetings with clients, team members
• Participate in industry associations and professional development opportunities
• Write content for a variety of different audiences using blogs or other mediums
• Serve as producer on selected video shoots
We need to practice the same strategies and tactics we are advising our clients on. Therefore, this role will also lead the creation of a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy for Captivate Media + Consulting.
• Great attitude with a “do whatever it takes” work ethic
• A sense of curiosity with the ability to ask “great” questions
• Knowledge of social media and analytics software
• Knowledge of social advertising campaigns on Facebook
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copy editing skills
• Ability to work independently and with team members
• Excellent time management and project management skills including the ability to juggle multiple clients
• Creative, organized, and have an attention to detail
• A willingness to be a mentor, teacher and learner with clients, co-workers and others
• Ability to be self-starting, innovative and creative with excellent follow through skills
APPLY to apply for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for this position along with your resume. If there are work samples that help demonstrate your skills and abilities, please attach those to the email or send as links. If you have additional questions regarding the position, please email Jake.