MinnSPRA helps connect qualified candidates with professional opportunities in school public relations by posting positions here. If you have a position to post, please email it to Ann Kvaal.
Marketing Communication Specialist – Eastern Carver County Schools
Position Type: Professional & Technical/Marketing Communication Specialist
Date Posted: 6/30/2017
Location: District Education Center
Date Available: 07/31/2017
Closing Date: 07/21/2017
For specific info please contact Brett Johnson at 952-556-6121
Position Start Date: 7/31/2017
Responsible To: Director of Communications and Community Relations
Days/Hours: 260 days; 8.0 hrs/day Fulltime
Under the direction of the Director of Communications and Community Relations, develop and enhance positive relationships between Eastern Carver County Schools and its stakeholders. Work for a public school system that serves a diverse community with high expectations for the education of its children. Coordinate multiple tasks and varying deadlines. Primary responsibilities include: Identify opportunities and implement strategic marketing programs; write for a variety of publications including print, website, intranet and social media; enhance relationships with business; civic and community organizations; implement training for staff; coordinate multiple projects.
Perferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in business communications, marketing, public relations, or related field
Experience Requirements: Five years of related professional experience. Experience with social media to achieve public relations and/or marketing objectives.
Major Job Functions/Specific Tasks/Required Knowledge,Abilities,Skills:
Benefits of Employment as of July 1, 2017: Eligible for benefits as negotiated with Professional and Technical and District 112. This position is not eligible for overtime or comp time.
Criminal Background check will be conducted.
If recommended for employment, applicant will provide proof of legal right to work in the United States if required.
Please apply online: http://www.district112.org (only online applications will be accepted)
Please include in application:
– Letter of interest that outlines why you believe you are qualified for this position.
– Current Resume
From previous work experience, please include:
– Sample marketing plan (redacted versions are acceptable, to protect client confidentiality)
– Sample news release
– Sample employee communication
Communications and Marketing Coordinator and Graphic Designer – Mounds Park Academy
Mounds Park Academy is a PreK-12 private school in Saint Paul that serves nearly 500 students from throughout the Twin Cities area. For 34 years, MPA has engaged students in a rigorous college preparatory experience that is demanding, but not draining, and goes far beyond memorization. Students are challenged to apply their understanding to stir the human spirit, stand for justice, and shake the world. This is what we call rigor with purpose and it grounds our students in the radical idea that their identity in the world is not measured by a test score, but rather by the depth and decency of their impact on the world.
In this full-time role, the coordinator and graphic designer in the Communications and Marketing Office will provide support for all internal communications and external marketing strategies, providing exceptional customer service and meeting the varying needs of families, affinity groups, students, classrooms, departments, and divisions. This position reports to the director of communications and marketing.
- Coordinate and design all electronic and printed communications and marketing strategies.
- Create brief but high-quality, engaging content through storytelling, photography, and videography.
- Ensure that the Mounds Park Academy brand is represented accurately across all strategies.
- Update and enhance the website regularly with accurate, engaging digital content.
- Assist with the management, monitoring, and measurement of the school’s social presence including platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Organize, track, and maintain all communications- and marketing-related project plans, reports, and archives.
- Manage printing and other vendors to supply exceptional end products.
- Track the department budget including the processing and documentation of all expenses.
- Provide general office support including, but not limited to, proofreading, research, maintenance of lists, printing and distribution of materials, documentation of measures of success, and general assistance with meetings and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional project coordination skills including the ability to think independently and critically, anticipate needs, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and consistently deliver on time in a fast-paced environment.
- Formal training in graphic design. Five or more years of experience preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience monitoring brand identities.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly produce compelling and accurate visual and written content.
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency with the Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office. Experience with social media platforms, WordPress, and HTML preferred.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and customer service skills that are consistently applied to every member of the MPA community.
- Passion for what is good for children and families. A fit with the MPA’s joyful, inclusive, respectful culture.
Email a cover letter, resume, and three work samples that demonstrate graphic design and content development skills to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Application materials are due by the end of the business day on July 21, 2017.
This is a full-time, year-round, salaried position. Occasional nights and weekends should be expected. Daily hours are flexible.
Communications Specialist – Fridley Public Schools
The Communications Specialist is responsible for producing materials for public relations, marketing, and other communications, and distributing content using a number of electronic vehicles, including the school website, social media, digital photography, digital video, email and print. The ability to collaborate, multi-task, follow through and meet deadlines is essential. This position will tell the Fridley story across digital platforms, capturing and capitalizing on unique moments that instill pride and evoke interest in Fridley Schools, thus enhancing both internal and external marketing efforts. Serves under the direction and guidance of the district’s Director of Communications and Community Relations. The communications specialist carries out daily writing, editorial and social media assignments in alignment with the district’s overall strategic communications, community relations and marketing plan.
- Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years’ experience or equivalent training and experience in public administration, journalism, graphic design, marketing, and/or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in desk top publishing, graphic design and layout; ability to independently design digital and print-ready brochures, flyers, annual reports and newsletters.
- Demonstrated proficiency in web design, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function; familiarity with web content delivery solutions including video streaming and podcasting.
- Demonstrated superior writing, editing and proofreading skills: must be able to repurpose content for multiple platforms.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, with strong organizational and time management skills; with ability to function effectively as part of a team.
- Strong understanding of “customer-centered” support and the ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality regarding district and employee information.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively, multi-task, follow through and meet deadlines is essential.
- Ability and flexibility to work some evenings and occasional weekends.
- Experience in graphic design and website development.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish, Arabic, Somali, or Hmong)
- Experience in a public school or public organization setting.
Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employed is regularly required to talk, hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach for objects, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, and use hands to grasp and feel. The employed must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally being required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to interact with clients, customers and staff who are emotionally upset, angry or distraught. In such interactions, employee must be able to maintain control, decorum and empathetic professionalism.
Application Process: apply online
Application Materials to: Jael McLemore, Director of Communications and Public Relations
Director of Marketing/Community Relations – Oak Hill Montessori School
Oak Hill Montessori School in Shoreview seeks a Director of Marketing/Community Relations who will be responsible for creating and implementing the school’s full range of marketing and communications efforts critical to generating new enrollment, maximizing retention and ensuring strong community recognition for the school. Key responsibilities will include: development and implementation of proactive communications plans in support of the school’s overall mission, goals and strategy; continue effective brand positioning and execution strategies; implementation of internal communication programs designed to increase engagement and awareness within the Oak Hill community; work collaboratively with other members of the Oak Hill administration; design and produce all publications, collaterals and all other materials circulated internally or externally by the school; oversee the school’s online presence. Candidate will have excellent speaking, writing and presentation skills.
Skills required: Bachelor’s degree, 3 – 5 years marketing and communications experience, demonstrated experience preferably in the independent school arena, knowledge of Montessori is a plus, excellent communication and writing skills, experience in the design of web-based communications. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, all Social Media platforms, and online content management systems. Photography skills recommended. Writing samples required.
Please submit letter of interest along with resume and writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org