Creating Gender Inclusive Schools Workshop
October 24 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$30 - $90
Please join MinnSPRA for our Creating Gender Inclusive Schools Workshop featuring national expert Joel Baum, MS, Senior Director of Professional Development and Family Services, at Gender Spectrum.
Register below and bring a team at a discounted rate: $90 for first person, $60 for second, $30 for each additional team member.
- When: Tuesday, October 24, 8:00am-4:00pm
- Location: TIES, 1667 Snelling Av N, St Paul
After attending this training, participants will be able to:
• Define gender and use specific terminology and concepts to describe the multiple dimensions that inform it.
• Characterize data and personal narratives relating to the experiences of transgender and other gender-expansive students in Minnesota.
• Understand and be able to describe the characteristics of a gender inclusive school.
• Become familiar with framework including four distinct entry points for working to create greater gender acceptance for all students.
• Utilize various approaches for responding to commonly raised questions and concerns related to implementing gender inclusive practices and supporting transgender and other gender-expansive students.
• More confidently work to support greater gender-inclusion in their own school communities.
The deadline to register is Friday, October 13, 2017.