Welcome to the Minnesota School Public Relations Association (MinnSPRA) and a connection to more than 130 public relations professionals. We are committed to serving as a professional network and resource for our members and others interested in providing the highest level of communications support to help school districts achieve their goals. In 2012, MinnSPRA was recognized as an Exemplary Chapter by the National School Public Relations Association.
Our members are school district communication directors, superintendents, community education professionals, school board members, superintendent secretaries and more. We work together in many ways, including:
- Giving support to each other on any number of public relations topics through our directory and knowledge network of members;
- Furthering professional development through conferences, workshops and teleseminars;
- Keeping members up to date on hot issues through electronic communication;
- Honoring exceptional work in public relations through a statewide awards program;
- Having fun and meeting new people though MinnSPRA social events;
- Opportunities to get involved at just about any level – from one-time volunteer tasks to monthly Board involvement.
MinnSPRA advocates for public education through public relations leadership.
MinnSPRA honors public relations leadership through an annual awards program.
- Engage our members.
- Use technology to connect our members and deliver information and resources.
- Have the Board make personal contacts with members.
- Build our storytelling skills by defining and building the MinnSPRA brand.
- Build and/or strengthen relationships with other relevant organizations.
MinnSPRA’s actions and decisions are guided by four simple rules:
- Model effective communication.
- Advocate for public education.
- Seek new ways to learn, connect and share.
- Provide member value with every interaction.
For more information about MinnSPRA call (651) 489-1321 or email email@example.com.
MinnSPRA is governed by a 12-member board of directors which consists of the President,President-elect, Past President, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Chair, six Directors and an optional Presidential Appointee.
Each November, the eMinnSPRA Nominating Committee, chaired by the Past-President, solicits member interest in serving on the Board. By the January Board meeting, the Nominating Committee shall submit to the MinnSPRA Board a slate of candidates, which is to be voted on by the MinnSPRA membership prior to the Spring Conference. Election results are announced at the Spring Conference in conjunction with the Annual Meeting. Board terms begin July 1.
MinnSPRA Candidate Profiles
The board meets monthly from September through May (and a summer retreat) for approximately three hours. Date and location of board meetings are set each year by the new board. Serving on the board is a great way to learn MinnSPRA issues, be part of a fun and hard-working group, and contribute to MinnSPRA as a whole. To learn more, please contact Tony Taschner, MinnSPRA President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MinnSPRA is fortunate to have a great group of past-presidents-of-minnspra to call on for counsel when necessary. That guidance, together with our organizational bylaws, gives MinnSPRA a solid foundation for the future.